Veneer Products Surfaces
Care & Maintenance
• Keep your furniture out of direct sunlight.
• Use desk pads and coasters to protect the surface from dents, scratches, and moisture from hot or cold liquids.
• If you choose to protect the surface with a glass top, use silicone bumpers or felt pads between the glass and wood surface.
• Use felt or leather pads on the bottom of office equipment and accessories used on the surfaces of your units.
• Do not use desk pads that have a plastic backing, as these can damage the surface.
• To avoid scratching the surface when moving objects on the desk, lift the object up and gently set it back down. Do not pull or slide objects across the surface of the desk.
• Reposition office equipment and accessories periodically on the surface of the desk to ensure even coloration as the unit ages.
• For everyday cleaning, wipe the surface with a damp (not wet) cloth or sponge. It is important to wipe in the direction of the wood grain. Wipe dry with a clean, lint free cotton cloth.
• Windex® or a similar product can also be used to clean the surface of your veneer furniture. This type of cleaner will not harm the finish and does not leave a residue. Apply cleaner to the surface and wipe in the direction of the wood grain. Wipe dry with a clean, lint free cotton cloth.
• To remove dirt and finger prints, use a mild cleaner such as Murphy’s Oil Soap®. Dilute the cleaner as recommended by the manufacturer, dampen a soft cloth with the cleaner, and wipe in the direction of the wood grain. Wipe dry with a clean, lint free cotton cloth.
• For polishing, use a high quality liquid polish such as Guardsman Furniture Polish®. Apply polish with a soft cloth as directed by the manufacturer. Always polish the unit in the direction of the wood grain.
• Avoid wax based furniture polish cleaners such as Pledge® and Endust®. These products contain wax and silicone products that will build up on the surface. This build up will create a “cloudy” appearance on the finish of the unit.
• Avoid cleaning products that contain oils or are ammonia based.
• Do not wipe against the grain of the wood. Always wipe and polish with the wood grain.